Friday 4 April 2014

Seasons

I feel that my blog has been in hibernation for the winter.
The last blog post I wrote was in October, when the crispness of Autumn arrived and the dark nights slowly crept in. Autumn soon turned to Winter and the busyness of Christmas and New Year came and went.
Last weekend the clocks went forward. Spring has definitely sprung and everything seems so much brighter and lighter.
The spring bulbs have burst through the soil, the daffodils are in full bloom and the pansies in my basket by the front door have flowered again!



So many things have happened over the winter months. Too many thing to share now but I do hope I will get round to writing about them.

As Spring is a time of new life and Easter is a time of 'resurrection',  I thought perhaps it is time I resurrect the old blog, bring new life to it again!
It's not that I always have a hot topic on my mind or an issue I wish to debate but it is a way to write down and record the simple observations I make in my every day life.
Perhaps that is why I haven't written for a while, because I feel I have to write about something deep and meaningful or relevant.

So, I'm  going back to basics and will write about the things I see from my window on the world, after all, that is why I called the blog just that!

I want my blog to be a place where I can just write as and when I feel able to and express my feelings or thoughts as well as keeping a kind of diary of things that are happening in life...

Already this year I have said goodbye to my 30's and hello to my 40's.

In June this year my husband, Phil, goes to Afghanistan for 6 months on another tour of duty, hopefully the last. Whilst he is away we will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.
So many things that will happen over the course of the year.

So many changes. 
It  was recently my eldest daughter's 18th birthday and she plans on going to university in September...my first born flying the nest. As the swallows fly south for the winter she will spread her wings and fly off to university. I do hope she will return home now and again...

Seasons coming and going, changes ahead and life goes on....


Finally, I like this quote by poet Anne Bradstreet:

“If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."





3 comments:

  1. Yes, changing times for us all ahead; good times too.

    Best wishes to your daughter as she embarks on an exciting time at university.

    Phil in Afghanistan, big in take of breath, but it will be a good experience that he will enjoy and he will return home safety with lots of things to tell you.

    Nice to to see the return of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I think life goes in seasons...Most of the time, it's a case of blooming where we are planted! X

      Delete
  2. I commented on My Window on the World, by Marie Last.

    ReplyDelete