Saturday 8 December 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Well, the tree is up! I am now sat admiring it from the sofa whilst I put my feet up!

 
 
Feeling a bit dizzy from going round and round the tree so many times, putting on the lights and then the beads.
Thanks to Phil for following me round the tree with them...saved me getting into a tangle!
Once that part was done I left the girls to it. They did a great job!


 
Eleanor adds some finishing touches.

I have to say, there was a time when they were younger that I'd let them help and then when they'd gone to bed I rearranged things a bit!
We found so many hand made ornaments and baubles that the girls have made over the years too. Happy memories...and the girls enjoyed reminiscing about when they made them.

This year we got a wreath for the front door too made for us by a friend of Phil's.

 
I think it looks very Christmassy!
 
 
 
I found this cute picture of the girls taken 10 years ago, Christmas 2002
 
 
Oh how they've changed!
As there is no chance of getting them to pose for the same photo 10 years on, here is a picture of them taken in the summer.
 
 
Hope you've all had a lovely Saturday. Love Marie xx
 
 
 
 
 
 






1 comment:

  1. Oh how time passes , no more obvious than when we open a box of memories , we still have the hand made Christmas tree ornaments but one i love the most is a Christmas pudding tile Elliott made in infants. he was never as creative as the girls and it was quite an achivment.

    ReplyDelete